Pre-UIL performance.

My first note was a good one as was the band’s. Another great note followed and another one. I nailed all of my notes, well for the first song at least. We played 3 songs that were all preformed very well. We hit most of our notes and I hoped we impressed the audience. I had a very good performance, but then came sight reading. I hate playing on mallets, it’s my least talented instrument. My band teacher assigned us instruments and my heart sank when she told me mallets. We practiced the song 2 times, but I was still unsure about how I would do. It was time to play and I knew I was going to mess up. I hit wrong notes throughout the song. My heart was gripped with fear as I hit each wrong note. Although I did terrible, the band did fairly well. I was terrified to hear what the judge would say. I was surprised to hear him say we had very nice sounds and we would do very well at UIL. So overall we had a good band performance.

3 thoughts on “Pre-UIL performance.

1. I really enjoyed the Pre-UIL concert. Unfortunately, we have to perform so late and still have homework. I think we did okay-ish. We didn’t get everything perfect, but I’m not disappointed either. The sight reading song scared us all for some reason, and we all played with almost no energy. I think it was fun, but I just dinar want it to take so much time.

2. Sounds like a stressful moment or two, but you came through! Performance is challenging. The more experience you get, the easier it will be. Good for you for persevering!