7th Grade Reflection

When I first arrived in August, I expected 7th grade to be a little harder than 6th grade.

I soon realized that 7th grade was a huge transition! I had to adjust to my classes, the new lunch time, and the most painful, the amount of homework. Homework was devastating. I had homework every day in almost every single class. The amount of time I spent on my math homework was about and hour or so. I spent so much of my free time on homework. Three hours per day, and many more hours over the weekends.

Although, by October I was back in the groove. I adapted to where my classes were and the lunch time, but I had not adapted to the large amounts of homework. I still had hours and hours of homework and I would always stay up until 10:30 to 11:15 (and yes I know for some people this isn’t late). I had adapted to everything except homework.

Eventually, I learned I had to be a diligent worker and part of that was turning my work in on time. I also learned I have to put my name on all of my papers or face consequences. Now, the school year is coming to a close and I have learned a lot.

In seventh grade, I’ve learned to conjugate Spanish verbs and solve equations with negative exponents.